PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a change

rebel97
01-14-2016, 09:18 PM
I'd like to stat that this post has nothing to do with race or gender. I typically stay away from politics, but after the past few months, I have to say...we need a change and I'm looking forward to it. The current president did what he could, but the past 7+ years has been pretty crappy. The current administration has made a few mistakes. Sure, they did some good things, I can't recall what they are at the moment, but I'm sure they are out here.

What I can say is that they have made quite a few mistakes as well. Insurance has nearly killed me...literally. Some of the laws past has made life more complicated. Some of the decisions made has cost American lives which is just...sad. I understand protecting hose that cannot protect themselves But there are several at home that are vulnerable, what about those people?

What sense does it do that I cannot buy a handgun legally unless I show the proper paperwork and go through several checks just to protect my family and other love ones. But some random guy can buy an assault rifle from the back of a 1970 pinto and walk away the same day.

Please remember that this post is just my opinion. I just hope the next group will learn from this, I doubt it will happen, but there is always hope. :)

In any case, Happy New Years All! Let the rebel bashing begin.

Brock Landers
06-06-2016, 02:44 PM
We need to get our heads out of the stand, stop arguing over minor disagreements/life views, live and let live, and unite to fix what's wrong.
The problem is that political correctness has replaced rational and honest dialogue as a foundation for building and maintaining a civilized society. You can't cite facts and statistics or have a non-PC opinion without someone being offended and claiming that they are being victimized, and that your arguments and evidence are nothing more than thinly veiled hate speech.

In today's hypersensitive world, it's all about insulating people from diverging and diverse points of view and creating "safe spaces" rather than giving people proper facts and evidence so that they can make informed decisions on their own. In many cases, your opinions and views aren't even your own opinions and views. They are highly choreographed mantras and platitudes that you were taught to recite verbatim, without ever having the ability to question their veracity to any great degree. You don't want to be a racist, homophobe, Nazi, anti-Semite, Islamophobe, woman-hating, rapist-excusing, White-Privileged Devil, do you? Okay, then don't fuck up the mantras and platitudes! Stick to the script!

People hear what they want to hear; they see what they want to see; they use the facts that support their positions, while ignoring any and all of the facts that don't.