PDA

View Full Version : What's the secret...

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I imagine that if I search hard enough, I might find this question already answered. I didn't see it in the FAQ.

When I have read all the new posts in a thread/forum, I expect to see the radio button turn off when I return to the main forum list (by selecting the "Forums" icon at the top of the page). However, in order to get the radio button to fade from yellow to gray, I have to go back into the forum which I just read and then come right back out. Otherwise, it stays yellow.

This is too much for my OCD!! :banghead:

What is the secret to getting the radio button to turn gray when all new posts have been read?

Gone to doube check new posts...

AD

Brock Landers
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Sometimes it's just a browser/cookie issue. Even though you've opened up a thread, sometimes your browser and cookie session doesn't recognize it immediately. Usually if you open a thread and scroll down through the post for a second it will solve the problem. If that doesn't solve it and the Forum icon is still yellow, then just hover over the icon that is still highlighted(yellow) and it should give you the option to double-click to mark everything as being read.

Also, when you are in a Forum you can look for the link that says Forum Tools. When you click on that there's an option to Mark This Forum Read. That usually gets rid of the yellow/unread status of the buttons for me.

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Muchos Gracias, Senior.

I will remember to heet the button... weeth a steek. (a-la Jose Jalapeno)

(It worked!)

findinfun
08-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Muchos Gracias, Senior.

I will remember to heet the button... weeth a steek. (a-la Jose Jalapeno)

(It worked!)

Is that the steek with the green card in it??:rolleyes:

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Is that the steek with the green card in it??:rolleyes:

Ci, Senior. The one being held by the BMW (big Mexican woman)

Jeff Dunham cracks me up! :rofl:

AD

findinfun
08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Ci, Senior. The one being held by the BMW (big Mexican woman)

Jeff Dunham cracks me up! :rofl:

AD

Me too!!!!
For those that are curious......... http://www.jeffdunham.com/

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Me too!!!!
For those that are curious......... http://www.jeffdunham.com/

:eek: NOW you've done it! I'll spend the next two hours laughing 'till my sides hurt. Thanks alot, findinfun. Sheesh!

findinfun
08-24-2008, 04:54 PM
:eek: NOW you've done it! I'll spend the next two hours laughing 'till my sides hurt. Thanks alot, findinfun. Sheesh!

No problem!!!! If you are real adventurous, check out youtube too. :rofl::rofl::booty:

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Silence! I keel you.

findinfun
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
JD: Walter, did you and your wife get into another fight? What happened?
Walter: I don't know, she rolled out of bed, onto her mentraul cycle and ran my ass over!!!!

AlphaD
08-24-2008, 09:16 PM
This may have more to do with Windows Vista Ultimate and less to do with the board, but...

I noticed that if I read a thread, then exit through the forum the thread is in, and then to the Forums main page, the button is extinguished. As opposed to exiting straight to the forums page using the icon, it seems to get the job done.

It could be an issue with the board's software - or not. It has been too long since I helped with this kind of software.

Goin' to bed now.

AD